Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

intro motoholic71

View previous topic :: View next topic  
motoholic71

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: intro motoholic71 Reply with quote

Hi just found this very interesting forum.
I'm sure many guys here know me already,I'm a member on many other 2-S forums,I'm 41 and from Lisbon PT(unfortunately) and a speed freak,I own a F2 86 RD which I'm converting to race.
I have a soft spot for production road racers,but since a can't afford them I choose the 2nd best thing:mod.street bikes.
I have a degree on electronics and am a certified electro-mechanic technician,recently sacked and looking for a job possibly in the UK.
As far as bike mods philosophy I'm all about performance and don't care for bling, looks or comfort (IE shinny parts,helical gears,boost bottles,fork braces,heavy stock flywheels etc will be banned on any bike I come to own) Very Happy but will spend ££on a close ratio g. box.
My project is on hold untill I get my income sorted,so for now I'm just another opinionated member.
Sad
My favorite bike of the 80's is KR1 kawa,Very sad they gave up so early in the game,they should have built a V2.
My wish is to have the latest 250 ex. of all 4 Nipponic Brands,in SP (if available) version.

My bike so far:

frame and engine is lightened RD F2 with a German made solo seat.
S.arm,suspension, wheels and brakes are stock FZR400 SP.
Lomas pipes.
Engine has straight cut gears,Vforce reeds,TSS light rotor with 2 pick ups modified to take a 2 channel Zeeltronic,carbs are TMX30 but plan to put RGV 34s with all the electronic air control,pistons are wiseco on 1st O.S. with one ring left out and there are a whole bunch of minor expensive details that I will describe as I get them done.Final plan is to graft a TZ350 dry clutch with a nova racing c.r. g. box and race wheels and fairing.
Racing class rules might dictate changes,but I'll keep it as a 350cc,so no stroking or boring for me.
Porting is being done based on F3 specs for the TZR 1kt,head is oringed and machined.
ok that's it ;hope to finish it eventually, probably will have to settle in the UK before,so.....Have a long way,but have no choice
Crying or Very sad
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to have you on the forum motoholic71

Sounds like your in the right place with two stroke running through your veins Very Happy be good to see some pictures of your bikes, whatever state of build or tune ..

Along side my little ARs I'm a big big fan of KR's myself and have a über rare 'SP' version that's a keeper. With the KR1/S only really being available for 4years in the UK - parts are getting rare now

Hope you find work very soon fella

Cool
Howie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As far as bike mods philosophy I'm all about performance and don't care for bling, looks or comfort (IE shinny parts,helical gears,boost bottles,fork braces,heavy stock flywheels etc will be banned on any bike I come to own)

Yay Cool

Welcome to the forum motoholic
motoholic71

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks for the encouragement words.
Quote:

Quote:
As far as bike mods philosophy I'm all about performance and don't care for bling, looks or comfort (IE shinny parts,helical gears,boost bottles,fork braces,heavy stock flywheels etc will be banned on any bike I come to own)

Yay

Welcome to the forum motoholic

I usually don't get a supportive reaction towards my racing philosophy,I guess for some people aesthetics are above results.Rolling Eyes
Glad to know I'm not alone,thanks.

My bike: a few years back I had it reassembled in almost stock form,extras were vforce reeds and lomas pipes.No fairing.

Later I had the chance to try a Honda RS 125 on a track,and I got stung by the racing bug.Let me tell you that my RD didn't stand a chance against that little 125.
So I thought why the heck I'm I riding a 2 stroke on the road if clearly the necessary changes to make the engine rideable on the street take away most of the fun,and the maintenance and mileage make it a constante concern to have,pretty far from what any 4 stroke can offer.
Instead of fight I decided to unleash the beast and let it be all it can be,and since I'm not allergic to 4 strokes I decided to limit the use of any two stroke I come to have to the racing tracks,and get a more street friendly 4 stroke to ride on the street.
anyway here are some pics of the stuff I've been gathering,so far it's just a bunch of loose parts.

Sorry for the low quality,future planis to eventually end up with something like this

This was built by a German member and his build with PVM wheels,a N.Bakker alloy frame and TZ fairing is the best I've seen so far IMHO
arlurt
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there!

That's a really interesting project. It's good to have people on here doing things there own way. I don't think we've got too many people trying to source 1980s air for the tyres on their super-original restoration project so you'll fit right in.

Pleased to have you with us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Yamaha All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: