Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

Suzuki Ts200.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
woogie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Suzuki Ts200. Reply with quote

Hi all, this is my 1st post, due to working a lot and not getting around to posting when I joined a long time ago I thought (her in doors says I never think?) best get around to it.
Just bought a Ts200 that had its engine stripped by a big hammer and chisel, some welding later (if it doesn't come apart there is usually a bolt somewhere!) and shaping up I will be rebuilding the engine.
Does anyone else on here have one of these bikes?
My other bikes are a couple 350 ypvs's, Ts125 and a Yam YL1 and a fzr1000 spread over a wide area.
Sorry if I posted in wrong area but will get my head round it over Xmas .
Cheers all.
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Woogie. TS200 is a bit of a rarity I should think ? Nice though. Cool
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sound like your definitely in the right place with those bikes !

Be great to see some pictures too when you Get time - especially of the TS Thumbs Up
woogie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Sorry no pics yet! Reply with quote

Hi all, sorry no pics yet but I will get around to it, I have just machined a barrel off a snowmobile to fit on the Ts200 and matched the ports to crankcases, rebuilt the crank, so I just need to try crank in the crankcases before painting them, cases were repaired after the previous owner had left a bolt in then seperated them with hammer and chisel!
Parts have been bought from Canada, America, Neverlands and France so far.
Touch wood things can only get better for this mistreated ts.
Cheers.
Dave.
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your TS will be truly MULTICULTURAL with all those parts from all over the world Laughing
woogie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Ts200 Reply with quote

Well my ts is multi cultural by any means but I recently applied for insurance and I now have been informed that my bike does not exist so I feel like a fraud, I have no pics to put on yet to prove it, well I have taken pictures but this must be in my mind? Built a sandblaster and spent hours blasting the frame and other parts then etch primed them, rebuilt the engine but it seems that its not really there! Blue paint is there, well I think it is but it might not be if I spray it onto the frame that's not there, sorry if this sounds daft but I must be mad! You can't beat grey imports! It's not the insurance companies thats the problem, it's the underwriters that seem to live in a standard eurocleptic world and the rest of us have not got a clue, how we (the clueless oik) have evolved and have managed to survive is beyond me. Anyway I will book an appointment at the docs to see if I need committing but in the mean time I will continue with my imaginary bike rebuild! Rolling Eyes
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar problem with my KR-1R.. It's also an import and extremely rare. So rare in fact that as far as every insurance company was concerned it had never been made, didn't exist.

Also because its a 1989 its had to be insured as a very expensive KR1 when actually it's not. It's more like a KR-1S but they started production in 1990 apparently (cock) so it cannot be a KR-1S either. Of course it's a R and neither of the last two... But that doesn't exist... So it's not then even though it is..

Haha you started an infectious disease with your thread now Cheers
Howie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Kc100 didn't exist on the insurers database either & that wasn't/isn't a rare bike.

So they insured it as a Kh100 (this was a long time ago by the way Old Man ) I would hate to think what would of happened if I had needed to make a claim.

Innocent
woogie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I tried Carol Nash and filled in details online but no option but to class it as a 1995 model then left it, phone rang later on and then I said its a 1989 and the lad came back to me with no problem so now (subject to terms and conditions) its sorted.
I now have painted the frame (might still be an illusion tho) blue along with the engine (early rm colours) and have started to get the relevant bolts and spacers ready for plating (bet I cock this up) which will be my first attempt so can't wait to see how this turns out. Very Happy
Nice to see others having the same problems with insurance (well it's not but welcome to planet earth) it just makes you think how some people that you have to deal with are ..... well not very clever but now and again you do get ones that will have a challenge and ask questions (common sense) and sort things for you but its rare.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Suzuki All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: