Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

My AR 125 lc Racer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
flufflesflamer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: My AR 125 lc Racer Reply with quote

Hi,, New to this site guys ,here is my baby 125 ,i no its not super shiney or out flash, but this little bike wheelies like hot snot on a 36 r & 14 f standard sprockets , ported it all myself gianelli pipe (on it when i bought it ,,standard engine) 34mm power jet tz mikuni carb fitted , recut disc valve , inlets and crank cases all matched to barrel ,,,barrel semi ported and the gianelli pipe tinkerd with by me and the internet lol , Its what a AR should really look like in a sort of way coz there a really pig ugly bikes compared with other 125's of there era , Im very happy with the performance ,,not the looks .Its wonna them bikes that when you whip the arse off the bigger 4 strokes ,then they pull you up at the lights and say what the f**ks in that Shocked ,,,, Rolling Eyes
heres when i bought it for £130
[/img]
[img]
[/img]
here it is to date,,still waiting for a filter & a wife made seat
[img]
[/img]
how hard is tuning a 2 stroke Rolling Eyes
ScottaKR250

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad little rocket there mate. Very Happy

Looks heaps better with it's new paint job. Smile are you going to put the front mudgaurd back on, as I think it looks a bit strange without one.
What mods did you do to the exhaust, as I couldn't see much different.
flufflesflamer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers ,,the mudguard is back on now . reguarding the gianelli i pulled off the alloy sleeve and ripped the baffles out and replaced it with a new wadding and a well drilled straight pipe , then welded it back up then put the sleeve back on, turned out nice really i got a bit more rpm out of it ,, good on the road too it went off the clock today Very Happy + it was hard to keep the front end down ,,little bit like a kx 125 really ,im not a AR fan its just something i got cheep to tinker with , the 34 mm powerjet works a treat
ar125alive

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like what you've done with this. You're right - it is how the AR should have looked. Where did you get the single-seat tail unit?
flufflesflamer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ar125alive ,, bought the fibreglass seat unit off ebay of all places lol,
,I think it could be a Norrie ker racing seat off a vespa (i think) Rolling Eyes check out ebay for cafe racer seats ,,thats what i did ,,,hope this helps

fluffles
1kt

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look's different these are a cheap alternative 2 stroke.Seen a few go for that sort of cash on ebay.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Kawasaki All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: