Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

NEC Classic Motorbike Show 11-13 November

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Petrolhead Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:11 am    Post subject: NEC Classic Motorbike Show 11-13 November Reply with quote

Anyone going to this event?

I'm probably going to take the tribe down on Sat or Sunday.
Hoping to see a few smokers.

Bet not many Kawasaki 80's 90's 2strokes though, we'l see !

If you see me pop and say hello (spot the cut down DS top)
Very Happy
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a great show if you're into old cars too. Not really enough bikes there to make a trip worthwhile. The LC Club will be there as usual. Cool

We'd love to do it again but it's 3 days off work, 4 days van hire, 3 nights hotel, fuel, Public Liability insurance, an extra £90 if you want electricity - and a lot of paperwork, hassle and bloody hard work. I was there for the whole 3 days but saw very little of the rest of the show. Crying or Very sad

Might pop down for the day if there's nothing else on. Get lots of pics up Shaun !

Darin
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StrokerBoy wrote:
. . . it's 3 days off work, 4 days van hire, 3 nights hotel, fuel, Public Liability insurance, an extra £90 if you want electricity - and a lot of paperwork, hassle and bloody hard work. I was there for the whole 3 days but saw very little of the rest of the show. Crying or Very sad

But we'd still do it again! Laughing

I'd really like to pop along, but can't be there this year as I'm doing another event at Oulton Park and then trying to get rid of a LOT of old VW stuff at Slough Swap Meet . . . . oh well, there's always next year!
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download the floorplan HERE.

I notice The Italian Job have got a stand tucked away in the corner of Hall 5 Shaun - get yourself signed up for 2012... Wink

If I do go, it'll be on the Saturday. I'll let you know. You'll be able to spot me - I'll be hanging around impatiently while my Dad tries to get in and out of a variety of old British sports cars...
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to the show yesterday. Reassuring to see that the NEC is still doing everything it possibly can to ruin everyone's day out, and that these events succeed despite the venue, not because of it. Bang Head

Thought the bike show was disppointing. Can't imagine anyone goes along and buys a ticket for just the bikes ? The LC Club put on a good display as usual and I had a nice chat with Gary on there. Saw a few other familiar faces too. Saw Carl Fogarty but saw no reason to listen to him spout bollocks as usual.

Car show was worth the trip though. That black Renault 5 Turbo-2 was the highlight for me. Love
GARY-RD-ROBBO

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well we did the show proud..the lc club stand was well manned this year and some super bikes on display....it was my 1st time at "lay out" so its a pleasure to do these shows....lot of time off work though and still a good event...great being an exibitor as you get to see all the show BEFORE anyone else and can be walking round 2 hours before the public and the rugrats and pushchairs cracking ya ankles!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

was nice to bump into tim once again... Cool

honesty is my policy.

ride em like you stole them!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Petrolhead Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: