Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

Carlos Gomez

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Petrolhead Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Carlos Gomez Reply with quote

Many of you will know Carlos Gomez, a regular smiling face at the shows and a lovely bloke who would do anything for anyone. His mint green/white RG500 has been a show staple for many years and he kindly lent it to us at Uttoxeter last year.

He was involved in a bike accident last year in which his wife Margaret died. We spoke to him at Stafford in October and he was trying to put a brave face on things but was naturally devastated.

It seems he couldn't cope and now he's gone too. His funeral was yesterday, with a big turnout of friends, family and a decent contingent from the Suzuki Owners Club.

He was always very camera-shy but I managed to get him to pose at the far left for this one line-up pic. RIP Carlos.

Howie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is very sad. I never had the pleasure of meeting Carlos & sadly never will.

Please pass on my condolences to his family & friends.
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the stand at Uttoxeter and it was a cracker!
Particularly liked his Green RG which caught my eye as it was different to the standard Blue/white model.

If I remember correctly I also bumped into Carlos at Stafford when he was chatting to Strokerboy Tim and Sara - he immediately came over as a true gentleman. He also said he still couldn't believe how things had changed in his life and how much he missed his wife.

Hearing things like this makes you contemplate your own world and how lucky you are. Great guy. Pleased I had the pleasure of meeting him if only for a few minutes..
Darin
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a shock and a terrible loss Sad

Since we started DS it wasn't long before our paths crossed and Carlos would always come and spend some time on the stand chatting - as you say Tim, a top bloke who always had time for anyone and I've lost count of how often he's helped us out in the very short space of time we've had the pleasure of knowing him... especially at Uttoxeter! Laughing

When we saw him recently and learned about the accident he was clearly suffering, but we all hoped time would put things right. Sadly that hasn't happened and it's such a shame to hear he's gone and such a loss - he will be missed by a LOT of people.

Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Petrolhead Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: