Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

Gag action in 2012
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Gag action in 2012 Reply with quote

The Gags didn't feature in our plans for 2012, we let the MOT's expire on all 3 and SORN'd 'em too. They were just supposed to sit in the corner of the garage while we played with our other toys this year. But we've been leaned on (details soon... Wink ) and so with a free Friday morning due I booked a couple of MOT's. By way of prep I gave all 3 a quick once-over the weekend before.

The rear brake had badly seized up on the NSR50 again, so I completely stripped it, cleaning up the piston with a brass brush and assembling everything with red rubber grease. A sticky fuel valve was soon remedied and I refitted the original monster numberplate too. I also ordered a new rear tyre from the local bike shop.

The RB50 was fine apart from yet another blown taillight bulb (it's the vibration y'know).

The TDR80 had a dragging front brake, so the caliper came off that too. I couldn't pump the piston all the way out but I cleaned and greased everything as best I could and re-bled it. It seemed fine. I also charged the 6v battery and bolted on the LH fairing panel I got from Japan last month.

Friday. Jump on the TDR, ride 4 miles down to the bike shop, hang around while they MOT it, ride it back home. Then do the same on the NSR, also getting them to fit the new rear tyre at the same time. Then repeat for the Suzuki. By 11:30am I was back home again clutching 3 pass certificates, and all my neighbours were laughing at the big fat man on his comedy clown bikes. Laughing

Actually, MOT man gave me an informal warning about the TDR front brake which was still dragging. Rolling Eyes A pair of brake piston pliers are on their way to me now courtesy of Ebay and it'll get sorted properly this weekend (MOT man knows I'll do it so applies a big dollop of common sense).

So, time to tax 'em all and arrange a Big Gag Day Out. You listening, SP_BOTT, Darin and bobbyboy ? Wink
Darin
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup I'm listening! It's just a case of enticing the dynamic duo out of the living room and down to the shop for MOT, fingers crossed they'll both be fine as they've done the square root of zip since the last one!!

I'll report back when success has struck, and that'll be 5 up and ready for gag action... then it's just the other two slackers to pull their fingers out! Very Happy
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I taxed 'em all yesterday. 12 months each, £48 the lot ! Very Happy And the brake pliers arrived too so no excuses now.
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I ride my kids mini dirt bike will that count?
I can assure you I look proper daft as a brush on the thing riding around our estate Laughing
DSBBadmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top-shaggy wrote:
If I ride my kids mini dirt bike will that count?
I can assure you I look proper daft as a brush on the thing riding around our estate Laughing

If there isn't photographic proof of that on here by the end of the weekend, your account will be suspended... Wink
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]
If there isn't photographic proof of that on here by the end of the weekend, your account will be suspended... Wink[/quote]

Challenge Anaeka eh.. If I do provide proof will that mean I can give your nice V-Due a jolly good thrashing ? Laughing
Howie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If there isn't photographic proof of that on here by the end of the weekend, your account will be suspended...

Twisted Evil

Yeah come on TS, lets be seeing the pics.

Twisted Evil Laughing
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

V-Due?
Jolly good thrashing??

Saturday tomorrow and I may be tempted to go on a gagtastic rampage round the estate... Come on Give me some incentive to make a proper fool of myself (and risk getting arrested) Laughing
Howie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still waiting for the pics TS Laughing

Did you get your hands on the V-DUE? Mmmmmmm, if only Love
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howie wrote:
Still waiting for the pics TS Laughing

Well Mr Howie I had every intention of getting some pics of how a fat bloke (erm that will be me then) looks on a kids dirt bike out on the estate... But in the end it was a weekend of carb problems and petrol vapour!

Firstly changed the jets in one of my 125 bikes to match a tuned exhaust. Im not very good at guessing the main jet in one go... So a number of chops later and i decided it was as good as it was going to get.
Then tried starting the kids dirt bike and the carb needed stripping to sort it out. After doing this I thought I needed a break - so I took the KR-1R out for a spin. The R was running fantastic !! - however when I got back my glee was dampened by the NS carb deciding to vomit petrol out of the float bowl all over the nice new bellypan. Grrrrrrrrrr

So another carb to strip - by this time I was so high on petrol vapour I decided the best solution was to have a few beers and that was that ..

Rolling Eyes

Got my hands on Darin's Vdue and took all my frustration out on it by redlining it all over the place - then I woke up Very Happy

Tell me why I don't like Mondays....x3 Crybaby
Bob Geldoff has a lot to answer for, LOL
Darin
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top-shaggy wrote:
Howie wrote:

Got my hands on Darin's Vdue and took all my frustration out on it by redlining it all over the place - then I woke up Very Happy

Bloody hell TS - you nearly had me dashing out to the garage to check!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Darin, it really is such a shame that your bikes ar'nt getting the thrashing.... erm I mean regular steady ride out they deserve.

How about you lend me one or two such as your V-Due and I promise I will treat it to a good clean each and every time I take it out for a jolly good .... potter about.. AND SOME !!

YeeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Hiya !
Darin
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top-shaggy wrote:
Hey Darin, it really is such a shame that your bikes ar'nt getting the thrashing.... erm I mean regular steady ride out they deserve.

How about you lend me one or two such as your V-Due and I promise I will treat it to a good clean each and every time I take it out for a jolly good .... potter about.. AND SOME !!

YeeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Hiya !

Couldn't agree more mate, but I need to invent the 48 (or even 36) hour day, then I might have more chance! Laughing

I did get the Gags down to MOT the other day though, both passed (which they bloody should've done as they've just been sat in my living room since they passed last year Very Happy) but the RB needs a new needle, so isn't quite ready for the Big Gag Day Out just yet!
SP_BOTT

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, inspired to get a bit of a move on I aslo pulled out the gag from the lounge, (well in reality, it was thrown in the back of the shed) a quick appraisal showed it to be the dog of this bunch, so I started a bit of a tidy up.

The bodywork is in desperate need of a lot of TLC. It's very badly cracked, and virtually non existant secondhand, unless I can get any from Yahoo Japan, it's got to be a soldering iron, and hour and hours of work.

I started a 'test piece' last week and removed the front mudguard.

I have tried a few panels before but this seemed very soft and stringy when melted.

Anyway, repaired and primed

Treated to a few coats of paint, and well happy with the result.

This is not going to be a resto thread, but just seeing a bit of effort on my side, to keep up with the other 'garage queen' gags Laughing Laughing

And if you remember the last time it was ridden, it ended up in a big hedge with the fairing broken after I taught my daughter how to ride. (or not, in her case Smile)

So there is loads more to do, and it will just be reapired from now on, and not painted like the mudguard, as i don't have any graphics or any idea of what I'm doing paint wise, so solid bodywork and lots of cracks everywhere. It was dropped and repaired several times in it's life looking at the underside of seats and panels.
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work Paul ! Thumbs Up

My bikes look fine in photos but are pretty tatty close up. Get yours on the road and we'll take 'em all for a thrash, you can worry about making it a 'show queen' later. I wanna see a TZM in the metal. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Gag Bikes All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: