Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

Mini Adventure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Petrolhead Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Mini Adventure Reply with quote

Not about 2-strokes sorry, not even about bikes, but it is about meeting up with like-minded people and getting some fun miles in. Very Happy

Just had a great weekend away in our old Mini. Sara's cousins have also got one and we've been talking about meeting up for ages. Finally got it together, met up in a hotel in Carlisle on Friday night for food and beer.

Saturday we made our way to the A686, which the AA lists as one of the "10 best driving roads in the world". Not sure I'd go that far, but it's pretty good, bit like being on a rollercoaster in places. Stunning scenery, mental hairpins. Loads of bikes out on it, also some nutter in a soft-top Lambo which took up both sides of the road and sounded like the end of the world was coming. After a while you forget that the bloke in the Mini immediately behind you is a traffic cop... Shocked

Sunday we headed East to a Mini club meet I'd found. 40+ cars in lovely surroundings and a few quid raised for charity. Then back home last night, just over 500 miles total. The car didn't miss a beat, but I'm a bit shaky and deaf today. Rolling Eyes

I put some photos up on Facebook - can't work out how to embed them here but you can click the link and view my album I think. Took some video too but it didn't work. Embarassed
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tim

Can only see the one picture of your beautiful ill J reg in front of the Hall.
Sounds like you have had a cracking time though.
It's making me jealous... Gotta get one of the old minis back on the road methinks

Catch you at one of the shows Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Petrolhead Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: