Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

Just won a 3ma on Ebay
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pic please sir,

My favourite Yam scheme is the red & white TZ paint job from the 70's, very cool Cool

Then the Kenny Roberts yellow/black, also very cool Cool
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the idea of the yellow black colour scheme.. But I also like the rare cyan, black, white colours -

Of course I know it's boring but I also really like the original red and white colours too - and if in doubt.. keeping it standard always works for me Very Happy
firebladeaid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:34 am    Post subject: Info Reply with quote

Will be taking pics all along, will keep looking at colour schemes, going to be a long project. Think i need to find someone who has had the same bike and done similar refurb and might be able to point in in the right direction regarding parts, tech info etc, i see some parts are common with other models etc
SP_BOTT

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one I did a light refurb on, didn't think there was much that's interchangeable apart from brake pads/fork seals and that sort of stuff.
firebladeaid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Any help Reply with quote

Yes if you can let me know what they are common with, need fork seals and dust serals etc
SP_BOTT

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping you were going to let us know Smile
Think these are genuine fork seals (and quite cheap)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-TT350-TT-350-T-1987-GENUINE-NOS-PAIR-FORK-SEALS-/320998538975?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item4abd00fedf

http://www.bitzforbikes.co.uk/Yamaha/TZR_250/MK111_%283MA%29__89

You have to double check part numbers at times because some get 2MA/3MA and 3XV mixed up (or just list as TZR) as 3MA/3XV never imported officially
firebladeaid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Spares Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for that, yes i have the parts catalog and finding quite a few parts are common with other models.
Having the rear shock refurb by Brooks suspension and he says he might be able to source some dust and oil seals for forks.

Well its all stripped down to just the frame and swinging arm, everything removed !!! its just getting some order has to how i go about things, could have done with a good auto jumble to get some stuff.

will start and get me pics sorted out has i have taken loads
firebladeaid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Put some pics up, more to follow Reply with quote

http://www.simplesite.com/Firebladeaid/135674033
Ibby4585

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How you getting on with this, any updates?
firebladeaid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Progress Reply with quote

Hi all, put the latest pics on
http://s982.beta.photobucket.com/user/firebladeaID/story/6447

Progress is going well, had stumbling blocks like 282mm front discs and not 298mm !!
Has you can see from pics i stripped to last nut and bolt, its time consuming cleaning and painting brakets etc, all bolts and nuts where possible are stainless and everything is copper slipped. The speedo has you can see is now showing a mph and kph scale, i hated the stickers you see, bought a set of yam 1000 clocks just for the faceplate, clocked it to miles so all looks good. not started any of the bodywork yet, a bit on the cold side for that, now the engines in i can start attaching things Smile
Just bought all new neoprene pipe for everything, petrol, breathers, overflows and bought the proper jap pipe clips, hate seeing jubilee clips. so its still going ok, i try to do abit everyday (missus permitting)
SP_BOTT

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice slide show, pity you can't zoom in on any of the pics though. Certainly been to town with the rebuild, what's planned for the bodywork??
Ibby4585

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing a great job mate, looking forward to seeing this completed.
firebladeaid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Whats planned Reply with quote

Well shall have to sort out the pic sizing, did not realise.
The bodywork will be the last job, i was going to do it Kenny Roberts yellow and black but i think i might just stick to white red and black, which design yet i am unsure of, i have a brother who is a first class painter and does any paintwork i need, he has the patience and skill Smile
So keep watching this space, i still needs lots of silly bits for it, it wont be a concours just a clean has i can get and bulit properly.
I took the carbs back off and spent hours cleaning and fitting new pipes etc, sometimes the result does not always show the effort but to me its the little things that make the difference, i hate to see a bike spoilt by rusty bolts and washers, i know you cannot always buy new but i spend hours with a buffing wheel and wire brushes and sometimes laquer things.
But its in the eye of the beholder has we say, i know i will not be happy with it, i never am Smile but its a 2 Stroke and they are fast dissappering, we need to do this for mankind Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Yamaha All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: