Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

New sdr200 owner, oh no what have I done!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ibby4585

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.

I've binned the old caliper bracket as it looked awful. I've managed to buy a factory gild bracket from Japan, it will fit my brembo caliper and my EBC prolite I have.

Kris
2TV owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kris,

How did you find the caliper bracket from Japan, was it expensive to ship/buy?

Justin
Ibby4585

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was on yahoo Japan auctions. I buy quite a lot of stuff on there, it was second hand but in very good condition, worked out at £42.00 expensive I know, but worthwhile.

What sort of state is your Sdr in then mate? Got to be better than my pair!
2TV owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kris,

Can't get my head round the Yahoo Japn auctions Confused

My SDR is quite good or at least i think so! Its the same colour as yours (green, not black as the log book says) Its all really standard, i got it in Feb this year from a place in london. Was one of those bikes that I always said i would own.
I had a problem with it pretty much straight away when i got it on the road, it'd had the carb rebuilt and according to the guy who delivered it also the engine had been rebuilt, it sounds sweet and is only showing 8000k on the clock. It developed a fault where it wouldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding on the flat or up hill but would go like stink downhill. After a lot of wiring checks and a replacement cdi i narrowed it down to the power valve ecu. It's all on here!
I ended up getting an ignitech programmable power valve ecu from Ignitech, its a good piece of kit, it still needs a bit of tweaking but it transformed the bike until the end of September when it started playing up again.
After a bit more testing i came to the conclusion that the power valve servo was slowly giving up the fight and i think that is what caused the original ypvs ecu to fail. I got a second hand one from Ebay, they are the same as a 1KT TZR250 as they have an extra lug that houses a cable that pulls the oil pump open when the power valve works it seems to have sorted it out. It's just sat at work now over the winter and i'm just playing with the front disc but need to fab a bracket to house the caliper. I'm also toying with getting the wheels powder coated as they are in original condition but could do with a bit of a refurb.
Don't know f you have ridden yours yet but you wont be dissapointed Laughing
I'm an auto electrician by trade and have spent hours going over the wiring diagram when mine was playing up so if you need any help with wires just let me know.

Justin
Ibby4585

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, not ridden mine yet. Well either of them actually. I just got number 1 going after a nightmare with the electrics, then the winter weather set in so its on the back burner until feb, march time.

Just using winter to collect a few bits for my spare bike. I'm desperately trying to locate a good tank but if I can't I will have to fork out for an alloy Beater tank, but at £1100 quid they cost more than the bikes!!

I still have electrical problems on mine so I may call on you at some point.

Kris
Kickstart

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

With the Yahoo auctions it helps to search for the model code rather than the normal name (ie, 1KT for an early TZR250).

All the best

Keith
Sdrman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other problem is the fuel taps act up, and blocked fuel filters

I'm making replacement fuel filters and fuel tap kits
2TV owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is someone on fleabay doing the fuel tap rubber seal repair kits, they don't list the sdr tho you have got to email them but they do do a kit. will be ordering one for mine.
Ibby4585

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you got the link please?

Cheers
Kris
2TV owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ibby,

Cant get the link to work but if you type in this ebay item number it will bring up an XT500 listing, send them a message asking if they do one for an SDR and they should come back to you with the details, they have a shop GPM classics. Not ordered mine yet but i asked them how come the SDR one was £4 more than the XT one, work than one out!
120914527083Item number:

Justin
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2TV owner wrote:
Cant get the link to work but if you type in this ebay item number it will bring up an XT500 listing, send them a message asking if they do one for an SDR

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120914527083 Wink
Ibby4585

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Yamaha All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: