Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

ysr project
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fletch

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a JDM rear light unit on Ebay USA last week sold for £235 Shocked I didn't buy it Laughing
Thats shame that you not getting time to work on your bike, I'm real busy working this week &the weekend too so I'm not going to get any more done either Sad
Gillinghampaul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats an unbelievable amount of money!
I might get a few imported and sell the rest on to pay for my one at that kind of money Shocked
Im getting really itchy to get on with the build now, and iv even set up a photo bucket account so i can get some pics on! Laughing
And yup was miffed about the shock, spoke to the guy that had it and he has several gags, i guess i would have done the same and kept the ohlins for one of mine Laughing
Its quite nice to be able to trace my gags owners though, iv got about 8 years of owners known now, but the obe even more annoying thing is the guy that has the ohlins is a two stroke exhaust maker and he was going to make a one off exhaust for it but never did in the end Crying or Very sad
He was a nice bloke though and really happy to see it still out there maybe he will make up some exhausts when its done for a nice reduced price Laughing
Kickstart

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gillinghampaul wrote:

And that sounds lime great fun keith, a ysr up the strip! Did you get any pics?

Setting off:-

First run I managed a 49mph terminal speed. To get 50 from it meant getting my head right down to the extent I couldn't see where I was going. Followed a line in the track to one side of the bike that I knew went between the lights. Got me the extra 1mph.

I bought mine with 197km on the clocks (mine is a Japanese market one). Got about 12 times that many on it now. Useless as a form of transport but quite fun for quick trips.

Just trying to source some bits for my GSXR50 now.

All the best

Keith
fletch

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool pic Keith Cool
Sounds like u had a fun day Laughing
Kickstart

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fletch wrote:
Cool pic Keith Cool
Sounds like u had a fun day Laughing

I was riding my GSXR1100 that day, but doing badly. Took the YSR for a couple of runs to get me to pull my finger out!

All the best

Keith
ptiseb69

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi everybody,

YSR is so lovely on the road ... i love to ride one of the 3 i have ... I have one red and one blue in mint condition, and another look naked ... with a real triple tree ... Wink

So it's fun to ride in the sun and do not have to think at the cops or what would happen if i'am riding too fast ... Very Happy

Just ride and smile ... and looking at the smile of the other rider around ... Very Happy
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ptiseb69 wrote:
hi everybody,

YSR is so lovely on the road ... i love to ride one of the 3 i have ... I have one red and one blue in mint condition, and another look naked ... with a real triple tree ... Wink

So it's fun to ride in the sun and do not have to think at the cops or what would happen if i'am riding too fast ... Very Happy

Just ride and smile ... and looking at the smile of the other rider around ... Very Happy

Hi there ptiseb69,

Sounds great, any pictures you can share with us?
Weather is probably a lot better where you are?

Cool
Howie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Just ride and smile

Damn right ptiseb69, that's what its all about Cool

I spent a week not far from you this year, a place called Thones, not far from lake Annecy.

And all I can say is you live in a beautiful part of the world.

If I could ride round that part of France every day, I would have a permanent smile, its bloody lovely Very Happy
Gillinghampaul

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im just getting to the point of slowing down so fully understand the just riding idea!
Im getting a few of my mates onto the smaller bikes too so we can all cruise around flat out at 60 mph and not worry too much about tickets!
And it reminds me of being 17 again when the extra 2 mph over your mates made all the difference! Chin on the tank hands inside the bars and home tuning on a ts125 that soon declined to go any faster!
But how much fun were them days?
I cant wait for summer!
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gillinghampaul wrote:
Im just getting to the point of slowing down so fully understand the just riding idea!
Im getting a few of my mates onto the smaller bikes too so we can all cruise around flat out at 60 mph and not worry too much about tickets!
And it reminds me of being 17 again when the extra 2 mph over your mates made all the difference! Chin on the tank hands inside the bars and home tuning on a ts125 that soon declined to go any faster!
But how much fun were them days?
I cant wait for summer!

Wish I could get more of my mates on smaller CC bikes too.. Had my years of speeding around and still have a license buster.. But... I get much more of a kick nowadays going out on the two stroke 125s, 200, 250s rather than the 1000cc+ hyperbike

A guy over the road has a new Honda cbr125, which is a good looking reliable bike. However he's not so pleased with it after one of my little ARs stomped all over him whilst also being two up (carrying nearly 30 stone!).. Told him to get a TZR or RD so we can relive the 80s battles all over again !

Prices for the old tIddlers s going up and no wonder Cool
Bring on the summer yay Cool
Gillinghampaul

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have the 955 daytona but use that either on track or two up for a seaside chipshop run!
But it is so much fun on the little bikes and your right about the modern four strokes, as good and reliable as they are, put one next to pretty much any stroker and there is no competition! I think even a h100 would see of most four stroke 125s!
And the only thing a h100 was good or was putting he engine in an mt5 frame!
ptiseb69

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi guys,

i'll try to put some pics from my mini's soon.

The last one i've bought is a mini Yam 50 GT, called FT-1 from 1971 to 1973 in France but it's not this one with the "fizzy" engine ... I've one of those FT-1 in the garage ... pictures as soon as i could have powder coated my 6 frames ... Rolling Eyes and find a carburetor ... because mine is dead ...

Yes Thones is not too far from me ... about 200kms maxi ... nice country to ride motorbike ... Wink
fletch

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit more progress today, got my parts so fitted them all, connected power to the loom and the powervalve spins when the ignition is switched on and the electric fan works on the switch Very Happy
Am charging the battery tonite and may try to fire the beast up tomorrow time permitting Very Happy
I'm getting rather excited Laughing
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to admit, reading your thread im getting a little excited too on your behalf... Should be a proper feisty wild animal with that engine ... A little beasty ... And probably well OTT and maybe even dangerous. Question

... Well if your anything like meeeee...
... I bet you wouldn't have it any other way either !
Not Worthy Thumbs Up
fletch

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today's progress Very Happy

I must admit it doesn't really look any different to how it did a couple of weeks ago....................BUT with the loom just layed on the bike and everything connected up and fuel in the dummy tank it fired up!!!!! Very Happy
Was bit noisy without the exhaust fitted!! Laughing
Now i know that it runs i can go back and fit the loom properly, routing the cables is being a bit of a bitch but i just gotta take my time to get it right
I'm rather pleased with it so far Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Gag Bikes All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: