Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

Diff'rent Strokers Christmas Party 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Petrolhead Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Diff'rent Strokers Christmas Party 2012 Reply with quote

Well, those of you hardcore stroker fans who get offended when we post a picture of a four-stroke on here are really going to hate this...

Hull Mini Owners Club was asked if they'd help out with the Viking FM Christmas Charity appeal. We volunteered and then invited Darin & Chell up to stay for the weekend too.

20+ Mini's met up at the Humber Bridge and drove into the city for a photoshoot. Thanks a bunch to all those dozy drivers who broke up the convoy through a lack of thought or pure selfishness. Bang Head

Oh yeah, we were asked to dress the cars - and ourselves - up. Tinsel plus several sets of fairylights were taped up in the windows. And we spent at least a tenner (in total) on our outfits. Embarassed

We split into groups and our convoy of four cars headed to a couple of local ASDA's to collect the toys and cash, all kindly donated by shoppers. More photo ops, and plenty of amused - and bemused - onlookers.

Then back to Viking FM Radio to deliver the booty. They rewarded us with a much needed cup of tea and fish 'n chips, then invited us into the live studio, explained how it all works, then put us on the air. Shocked

Cool cars, nice people and a bit of good karma in the bank. Maybe next year we could do something similar on our strokers ? I've got some green fairylights that'd suit the KR...

Merry Christmas ! Very Happy

yanw

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done on such a good turn out for such a worthy cause.

I may have to bauble up the KMX for the next weeks commute. I need to get a Santa suit too.

If I get stopped by the Plod I will blame you Wink Laughing
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant !! Well done guys !!

I will have to get my old mini back on the road so I can join in next time Wink Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Petrolhead Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: