Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

KH250
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New year and on the road.. Sounds brill Smile
fazey
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alurt try this for information found it just lately might give you some information on the points.

http://kawtriple.com/mraxl/
arlurt
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link.

I'm finding it hard to resist the temptation to run the bike now that I know it does. After each change to the wiring loom I have to try it just to make sure I haven't cocked anything up... Very Happy

The loom is now taped as far as the headlight housing, it seems a bit short, but shouldn't be any different to how it was before. Still having problems with front sidelight, horn and "pass" switch. Other than that I think I'm OK. It starts really well, tick over a bit lumpy but I haven't done anything with carb idle settings of synchronisation yet.

I'm just hoping I get a day or two to play over the holidays, got to go visiting relatives first part of next week, and Christmas is just in the way of my bike time!
arlurt
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The taping of the loom, and the scratching of the head continues. At least it looks more like a motorbike than a project now.

I don't think I'll have chance to finish it, or MoT it, until later on in January. I'm back to work on the 4th, and then away for more than a week with work.

I'm sure it'll still be waiting when I get back.
fazey
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had problems with the side light and the horn too, the side lights needed to be on a loop with the headlight and switch gear. scotch connector fixed this,
the horn was the only thing that was asking for an earth but the problem was the powder coating on the top yolk for me. need the paint scratching off to make a proper earth.
arlurt
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my horn and pass switch problems are related. It's the same switch on the left hand switch gear, one way for horn, the other for pass. Wondering if I've got something wrong when I put the left switch gear together...? Confused

Front brake light is done, instrument lights and side light just about there. Very Happy
fazey
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good man!
Nice feeling when it all works Very Happy
arlurt
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve been knocked off track recently, working abroad for ten days in January, and then the death of a relative for whom I am Executor have brought progress on the KH250 to a halt.

Yesterday though I was reminded how little time I have left, one hundred and fifty-seven days, to get the bike on the road and do some shake down miles. I’ve booked my ferry crossing for the Classic TT 27th to 29th of August, and really want to go on the KH250 so I’m going to have to start putting my chores in priority order to make sure I get everything done.

I need to give the old girl a fair chance of getting me there, round about, and back. That means finish off the jobs there are left to do and getting some miles done so that if anything’s going to be a problem I find out about it here and soon, rather than over the water.
The Cameraman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Arlurt,

sorry about the passing of your relative.

Very glad to see you'll be at the Classic IOM TT, I'll also be there on my AR125, so that's at least 2 Kwak strokers that'll be doing the rounds.

We're staying in Peel, so we'll have to meet up for a pint, a chinwag and a few photo's.

Reggie
arlurt
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh, that sounds good.

We're "Home-Stay" in Douglas, same place we've used for the last ten years. Problem is that every year they talk more about selling up. I fear that once we lose our digs several of the gang will call it a day. Most of 'em have been doing the TT for thirty years, I'm a come-lately with just seventeen years.

I would've been eighteen years but I missed one because of Foot and Mouth. That year, the rest of them went anyway, without their bikes, no racing, and had a long weekend on the beer!
The Cameraman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Arlurt,

we always stayed at a lovely B&B called Dudley House, in Douglas for years and loved it.

This year we've got a cottage and we're really looking forward to the event.

Reggie
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arlurt wrote:
I need to give the old girl a fair chance of getting me there, round about, and back.

If it's any comfort, when I owned that bike it never left me stranded once. Misfired constantly, ran on two or even one pot, but always got me home. Very Happy

Be nice to see it out and about again, and a good confidence builder for you.
arlurt
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I'm so much worried, as nervous about what I've done to it. Yeh, I know it's a bit late now, but my hotch-potch rear suspension could be what ever I wanted when the bike never left the shed. Now there's a danger I might have to ride it I'm suddenly apprehensive.

I don't recall the KH being the sweetest handling bike I ever rode so the chances I've made it worse should be slim. And the reworked front brake is a third of the weight of what used to be there and many more times effective.

It'll be fine... Confused
Cal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arlurt you are doing ace mate. For me, life got in the way for me and I have a few issues to sort, but I am hoping to get back to my KH soon.
arlurt
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear you're still with us Cal. Still no progress on my bike, hope to have a look tomorrow. It's embarrassing how little I've got to do now, and how little progress I'm making.

My bike had to wait over twenty years for me get on with it, I'm sure yours will be there and waiting when you have time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Kawasaki All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18

Jump to: