Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

The start of my gag build thread too
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anygasman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be worth the wait.
Parked up at Captain Jaspers and biker eat place after the megaride and go pull my a guy who shows a RD500 and wants to buy it when I get rid of it.

Just got my tank for my 50 back.
Just repaired and a flat white coat for now just to get it on the bike and get the thing able to be MOT'd.
Just ordered some fairings (lower and rear tail) and rear tail indicators from Japan yahoo auctions via Buyee for it to replace the after market ones.
Cheap as chips until you get he cost for the shipping which stands at £155 at the moment but I'm trying to get that down by £35 as they will combine the 4 packages but haven't shifted the price (combined weight is under 9kg).
Have laid it on that were looking for a way of buying jap bike parts and it would be good business to not over charge with the shipping and will me bad press through the bike forums.
There is a lovely twin expansion exhaust pipe (used and a bit rusted, no end cans) on there to I'm tempted but would be £180 to get it and ship. shame.

Off to look at a 1996 RGV250 Friday.
The YSR 50 will eventually get a Suzuki PEPIS colour scheme and was going to get the 250 PEPSI'd too. the 250 was going to be a thing for early next year but one local has come up 16000 1996 original fairing and pepsi rep ones to £2000 ono. original fairings and tank need paint but was looking to do that any way so if engine and running gear all good I may have to find a space in my mates store to hide it from the Mrs.
Gillinghampaul

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you have an aftermarket tail end then? And i know shipping is loads, then allow for tax this end too, gets crazy but if we need the bits then we need the bits!
I really cant wait to be out on mine and ill help where i can when you decide to do yours, but if you keep it as a 50 iv got a spare engine laying about too!

And i just converted my rear by mounting all the lights inside the tail unit, used some derbi indicators and the fill the hole very nicely
Gillinghampaul

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry folks nothing interesting just trying to figure out how to get a pic by my name

This is only a test please remain calm Laughing
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I resized my picture using a thumbnail maker on internet.. It worked but gave me a massive avatar..

Good luck,, I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with Surprised)
Gillinghampaul

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive done that but i cant get it to link through photobucket? I may need to use a computer rather than this pad! Ill keep trying though
Anygasman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tax shouldn't be a problem as the parts were silly low prices.
There now getting sent individually as they say they can't get in one box due to size.
Just means that the parts in side cost wise will be low and should not get much in the way of import tax.
My 50 has a full fibreglass fairing kit front to back.
Its pretty good except the rear does not have the tail lid and I'd just prefer original as the inside is smooth and better looking.

Have agreed on £1700 for the RGV 250 I looked at.
Should be able to get a bit back on the Pepsi rep fairings on the and the spare full exhaust as well. Mate who's a mechanic goes to test ride it for be Tuesday.

Looks like I will have a spare rear tail end and seat pads for a YSR now.
But need a Front upper faring original if any one got one.
Gillinghampaul

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iv got a completed nos fairing wrapped up here but im afraid its being hidden away just incase i throw this one down the road!
Im just looking for a rear which is why i was asking, but i would reccomend keeping yours for the same reasons i am!

Have you started any of your 125 build yet? And get some photos up of the 50!
Anygasman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New pipes
[img] http://s1377.photobucket.com/user/anygasman/media/photo_zps8681d12d.jpg.html?sort=3&o=4 [/img]

If it works.

[img] http://s1377.photobucket.com/user/anygasman/media/Leesiphone449_zpsb8e7f001.jpg.html?sort=3&o=5 [/img]

Last edited by Anygasman on Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anygasman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll keep you posted once I get the stuff from japland
I may have a rear end spare.

busy month for me as students away and loads of houses to sort gas out with.
Was hoping to get it sorted for mot but no chance.
Here's it with the tank not on or in the blue.

50 engine inside her is sweet.

[img] http://s1377.photobucket.com/user/anygasman/media/photo1_zps70c7ddef.jpg.html?sort=3&o=9 [/img]

[img] http://s1377.photobucket.com/user/anygasman/media/YSRMINE2_zps8e515b5f.png.html?sort=3&o=0 [/img]

[img] http://s1377.photobucket.com/user/anygasman/media/YSRMINE_zpsf8be7d1d.png.html?sort=3&o=1 [/img]

Is this the right way to post the pics ?
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anygasman wrote:
I'll keep you posted once I get the stuff from japland
I may have a rear end spare.

busy month for me as students away and loads of houses to sort gas out with.
Was hoping to get it sorted for mot but no chance.
Here's it with the tank not on or in the blue.

50 engine inside her is sweet.

[img] http://s1377.photobucket.com/user/anygasman/media/photo1_zps70c7ddef.jpg.html?sort=3&o=9 [/img]

[img] http://s1377.photobucket.com/user/anygasman/media/YSRMINE2_zps8e515b5f.png.html?sort=3&o=0 [/img]

[img] http://s1377.photobucket.com/user/anygasman/media/YSRMINE_zpsf8be7d1d.png.html?sort=3&o=1 [/img]

Is this the right way to post the pics ?

Copy IMG file path... Here we go... Surprised)

Gillinghampaul

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those plastics look alright in the pictures!
It looks like its fairly nearly built, almost a shame to do an engine swap.......almost!
Gillinghampaul

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, pulled my finger out a bit today and with the sunshine i decided that iv actually got to do the finishing jobs if i want to ride it!

So dropped the forks out and filled with fork oil, glad i did as the spring was in the wrong way round!

Filled with gear oil and engine degreased to check for any leaks, ill fill with coolant and check for leaks with that too when i know the engines not leaking!

So really all thats left is now coolant, circlip to hold kick start arm on, new oil seal on gearbox selector shaft, headlight and front indicators fitted, fairing on and mot!

I might actually see some sun on it this year, then it will go away again for tidying!
Anygasman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a pic of the rad arrangement ?
Was it the AR 125 rad you used in the end ?
Sorry and have you got the details of the sprocket you had to get made up and where ?

RGV shipped to Clive at 2 Stoke Innovations Stafford so hopefully I
can get some time to sort the 50 out with MOT & registering it.
Then take it apart for the engine swap.

Anyone know anyone who does extended swing arms ?
Seen that some who have had to extend it by a few inches to help with keeping the front wheel down.
Gillinghampaul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes its an ar 125 rad and i used various bits of pipe to get it sitting how i was happy with it, dont know where i found it but i found an s shaped bit of rad hose for the lower part of the rad, ill get some pics up for you,

With the sprocket, i contacted b and c express and asked for the smallest sprocket the could make teeth wise for the pitch on the tzr, i think its 428? Then told them it was for a ysr wheel and they sent it out! Really easy really quick and about 30 quid delivered!

And with regards to the longer arm, im going to run mine standard to start with and see how it is, i think a tzr arm goes in but if i end up having it extended ill have the shock mount lowered on the arm too for more options with shocks, i know an engineering firm that will do this for me and i have a spare arm, again if i go this route it will be on here!

Mine is about an hour away from being able to ride it now so hopefully ill get some time soon when im not working or sorting family stuff
Gillinghampaul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top hose

Bottom hose

These were taken earlier in the build, when i was mocking it all on to see how it looked and fit!

I liked the way the bottom hose worked, iv only ever seen metal pipes with rubber on the ends for this bit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Gag Bikes All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: