Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

Honda 250 Hornet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Four-strokes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Honda 250 Hornet Reply with quote

This is my wife's Honda 250 Hornet, an N-reg grey-import that came directly from Japan (Honda UK only imported the 600/900cc models).

4-cylinder engine from the CBR250RR, 16000rpm redline, 180-section rear tyre, great fun ! Very Happy

arlurt
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Years ago I had a 1990 GSX-R400RRL SP. Wish I'd kept it...

bluemistjunkie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Honda 250 Hornet Reply with quote

StrokerBoy wrote:
This is my wife's Honda 250 Hornet, an N-reg grey-import that came directly from Japan (Honda UK only imported the 600/900cc models).

4-cylinder engine from the CBR250RR, 16000rpm redline, 180-section rear tyre, great fun ! Very Happy

Now that looks nice. How does she get on with it? I only ask cos my sis has just passed her restricted licence (bitch got there before me Evil or Very Mad ) so I reckon that would be a great bike for her.
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Honda 250 Hornet Reply with quote

bluemistjunkie wrote:
Now that looks nice. How does she get on with it? I only ask cos my sis has just passed her restricted licence (bitch got there before me Evil or Very Mad ) so I reckon that would be a great bike for her.

She had a GSX-R400 as her first bike and it was a bit much for her really - she's quite short and was always worried about getting her feet down. One day she didn't... Crying or Very sad

Hornet is much better, fairly low and lightweight. Not enough power to scare her either. She managed a ride to Cornwall and back on it no problem - 800 mile round trip. Shocked
nzKRnut

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, 250's and 400 hornets are no bigger over here. we get heaps of the high revs low cap sportsbike here.. zxr250 is wot i'd like.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Four-strokes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: