Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

Harley Davidson Road Captains

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Petrolhead Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Harley Davidson Road Captains Reply with quote

Anyone else come across these twats ? A bunch of HD riders go out for a ride together, and are led and tailed by self-appointed sanctimonious pricks in dayglo leather waistcoats - often embroidered with 'Road Captain' - who take it upon themselves to boss other traffic about in order to keep the group safe.

This means blocking roundabouts and side roads so that the convoy remains intact, and tough shit to anyone else who's trying to get anywhere. They always ride at 1mph below the speed limit, but you can't overtake 'cos there's a solid half-mile of triple-chromed pig-iron and leather tassles that you can't split. Bang Head

Nothing wrong with going out with a bunch of like-minded mates of course, but that doesn't somehow give you special rights over the general public.

By the way, I'm not judging their choice of machinery, this would be just as bad if they were all on TZ750's (in fact that'd be much much worse). But it'd never happen, it's a Harley thing. You can guess where it started - the Yanks love appointing themselves in charge of everyone else. Nono
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the Road Craptains have proper p@ssed you off today, I told them you was going to the Lotus racing at Croft and they should wait for you to slow you up in your way home ..lol Taunt

When it's a charity ride I can understand why they would want to try and keep the group together.. But not on a normal group ride out. Yep sounds like typical USA biker behaviour to me too.. he he
yanw

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen them at a campsite (they were in chalets/holiday cottages) and saw them all set off. The only customization I saw some extra tassels.

The dayglo leaders were loving being in charge.

Not seen them on the road mind, I don't think they would block a side road for me, I've spent to long on the crosser to have any road manners left Embarassed
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yanw wrote:

I don't think they would block a side road for me,.... I've spent to long on the crosser to have any road manners left Embarassed

Clap
arlurt
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D'you think they'd let a Buell tuck in? We're only wanna be HD riders really... Embarassed
eyrey1

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they meet up at premier bikes in doncaster and go for there weekend rides ! bumped into them on sunday but lucky they were going the other way !
there is another dick head round here his bike is done up like a police bike white side paniers all the florecent bits on ,he dresses like a copper but on his jacket instead of saying police it says polite , wot a wanker !
he goes to squires aswell .
R1Zman

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eyrey1 wrote:
they meet up at premier bikes in doncaster and go for there weekend rides ! bumped into them on sunday but lucky they were going the other way !
there is another dick head round here his bike is done up like a police bike white side paniers all the florecent bits on ,he dresses like a copper but on his jacket instead of saying police it says polite , wot a wanker !
he goes to squires as well .

I reckon he could be done for impersonating an officer of the law then. It's a bit like one of the working men's clubs in Northampton who have a "polite notice do not park" sign for when they have deliveries. Just makes me want to park in that space even more.......
yanw

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eyrey1 wrote:

there is another dick head round here his bike is done up like a police bike white side paniers all the florecent bits on ,he dresses like a copper but on his jacket instead of saying police it says polite

There was a guy in Loughborough who did that for about two weeks until some of the local biker gang had a "tactile discussion" with him about it. He stopped after that Laughing
colp

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this dicking around seems to be a northern thing, these people wouldn't last five minutes down south Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Petrolhead Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: