Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

Is this normal?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Is this normal? Reply with quote

I got the nod today that my RZV is being delivered Monday 10th June (Thanks to Spencer @ Bridgemoto). I suddenly had the urge to tidy the back of my garage where the my previous bike had been 10 days ago before being sold. Garage tidied and swept for the first time in years, but it didn't stop there. Out came the jet wash, garage floor and the area in front of the garage now spotless and dust free. This was shortly followed by a trip to B&Q for concrete sealer, roller on an extending pole and Ronseal diamond hard garage floor paint in grey. The urge/plan is to seal the floor tomorrow while the sun is shining with two coats followed by two coats of floor paint in a day or so. I feel like an expectant father all over again, Is this what they call nesting?
SP_BOTT

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work, I think everyone would like a garage clean-up.

Are you sure you need to seal the floor first? I put a coat of PVA on my shd floor first, and the guy that sold to floor paint said it should be put straight onto concrete, and the sealer would stop it bonding properly.

It's a bit subjective as to what works and what doesn't. I just thinned the first coat out quite a bit, and then the second went on straight out the tin.

Don't forget to stick some pics up, (bike and floor Smile) I saw a few RZV's when I went to Bridgemoto a few weeks ago, I assume one of them was yours now Smile he said they were all sold.
Cru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will post some pictures next week, I'm hoping to paint the floor tomorrow hopefully the paint should stick as Ronseal recommend the sealer first so fingers crossed. Mine was the one at Bridgemoto with 14k on the clock, I know Spencer has got 3 coming in the next container this month but he said they are getting thin on the ground in Japan. He has some nice 2 stroke stuff in there. I've hung my nose over one of these for years and decided to take the plunge before prices get too high. The plan is to enjoy riding it this summer with a little fettling/cleaning and then over winter a bit more detail; forks first I think with an overhaul. I'm looking at keeping it standard for the time being but those GP pipes look enticing!
Cru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a580/Cru-sader/RZV2_zps48d5fa6d.jpg

http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a580/Cru-sader/RZV1_zps2ef62aef.jpg

http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a580/Cru-sader/DSCF0158_zpsc8a0c8d0.jpg

Pictures of the bike are what Spencer sent via email I will post better one's when the bike is here
fletch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bike looks really nice Very Happy
Garage looks good too Laughing
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could live in that garage... (to keep your bike company of course...lol)
Not Worthy
yanw

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man alive! If my garage was that empty my wife would have it full of random s**t before I even got home.

I have to put stacking crates on my workbench so, when I want to use my work bench, I can just stack them in the corner (which is easy) rather than trying to find a home for all her c**p.

Grats on the bike, looks really sweet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Yamaha All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: