Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

What a prat!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Petrolhead Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
R1Zman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: What a prat! Reply with quote

Went for a ride on the R1Z this pm & on return decided to once & for all try & find why I get a "clunk" from the bars when braking - great joy when I realise that the top stem nut was loose! No sockets the correct size so I used an adjustable - & on the last turn slipped & gouged the lovingly powder coated top yoke. What a prat.
Did exactly the same thing tightening a tap cartridge in the bathroom - slipped & scratched the tap with said adjustable. What a prat.
Back to the R1Z & a few weeks ago having picked up the newly painted bodywork from the sprayshop - I decided to try to refit the front mudguard without removing the wheel - looked like there was enough room. One gouged mudguard later & I'm phoning KAS for a pot of red touch-up. What a prat.
Embarassed
Ok - I won't be asked to help any of you guys with your rebuilds but let's hear about your embarrassing mistakes - might make me feel better!
yanw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in the day when I had my 250LC I spent the weekend with a mate in his mates bike workshop (his mate was on holiday). All was fine until I tried to wheel the bike out backwards and it fell to the right. Onto a custom chops big footpeg. It put a half moon into the side of the tank. What a prat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Petrolhead Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: