Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

Do not use yodel!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Petrolhead Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you use yodel after reading this?
Yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
100%
 100%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 7

Gillinghampaul

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Do not use yodel! Reply with quote

Hi all just a quick message to say do not use yodel if at all possible, if you buy something on an auction site and they say they use a courier ask which one first and if its yodel just get a refund, you probably wont get your parts otherwise!

Their customer service is truly the worst iv ever dealt with, there are no complaint lines or emails, and you will be lied to if you try and phone! The tracking is not at all accurate and very misleading, overall one of the worst services i have been unfortunate enough to use.

Please please take notice of this advice i really do not want any of you in the position im in!
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never used Yodel and I always read reviews before I part with my hard earned cash so thanks for the tip off Paul. No yodel'ing for me..
Hope you get your parts or a refund soon !
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yodel are appalling, every single aspect of their 'service' is hopeless.

I wish I could recommend an alternative though. DPD, City Link, FedEx, UPS, Interlink, DHL, Securicor - they've all pissed me about at one time or another. Even Parcelforce are poor sometimes. Rolling Eyes

It staggers me when all these people on the news say they're doing all their Christmas shopping online. I couldn't take the hassle personally.
yanw

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"In January 2014, Yodel was voted as the worst delivery service in the UK for the second consecutive year"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yodel_%28company%29

I had them cancel a redelivery. I would request a redelivery online and then someone in the depot would cancel it an hour later.

I have just got a new PC from eBuyer delivered by them. When I saw they were delivering it I was in fear. On the day of delivery the tracking number disappeared off their website however a guy knocked on the door at 6:30pm with it. Very odd but at least it arrived.

I think they are the same bunch that "delivered" my mums new washing machine. She got a call from a bloke in a village 5 miles away saying he had found it in his shed....

They rank up there with Ryanair for me. Some things are too cheap.
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trouble is, you can choose to fly with someone other than Ryanair. If you're buying online, you don't often get the chance to select the courier.

My missus ordered a very expensive and irreplaceable handbag that Yodel - eventually - said they'd delivered to a differently named person at a different house number in a different street a mile away. It never turned up - she got a full refund from the big-name supplier who promptly sacked Yodel as their delivery service.
Gillinghampaul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they havnt sent it to the wrong place! It will end up as scrap! Thats even more depressing!

Well im going to continue spreading the word of anti yodel customers services still havnt got back to me
Iscream

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be named NoDel Evil or Very Mad Had a used YSR top fairing sent via them last year, was signed for by me? But, at that time I was in fact fast asleep in an operating room at the local hospital Shocked Seller didn't want to know, Paypal didn't want to know either as it was signed for, I was the only sore loser Ffs

Just had it today with DPD, txt saying be with me between 1.30-2.30, wife goes out leaves a note on door asking to leave it with the lady over the rd at the PO, we both get in after 6, no parcel anywhere even check with the neighbour yet online it says signed for at 4.30 using my first name only? A call to the local depot which by now is gone 8PM and they phone the driver then come back saying he's going back to where he delivered it and then he'll redeliver to me??? Within 30mins I had my parcel, not one to be suspicious or anything Shocked
Gillinghampaul

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, just thought id let you know my parcel turned up back with me!
It was battered and had been opened and re closed, not not that im suspicious too or anything but it turned up the day after i contacted them to say that a stolen item had been reported to the police and i would be persuing the matter through the small claims court as they had negleted their duty of care towards my parcel, i also contacted the citezens advice as they have a team that deals specifically with courier services, now bear in mind that this parcel hadnt been seen by anyone for 3+ weeks and then turns up the day after this!
I think people are stealing this stuff and if no reports come through then they keep it, im now going through a damage claims process but they make it exceptionally hard to do, you must provide pics of when it was delivered to you, pics of the packaging, pics of the item, pics of the box, proof of value then wait and see if they decide they will accept it, but again if they dont ill explain that im in a worse financial position than i was before especially with all the premium rate phone calls iv made, and ill be charging the time for the phone calls at the 70 or so an hour that my company charges for me as that time was lost too,
They are still completely useless and i just wish there was more i could do,

But from now on they are being referred to a nodel! I like that!
emzedder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A local lad I know has been let down on a replacement B120 seat in the past two weeks, messed around something rotten and paid his money. This kind of experience is from the 1970's parcel services when all records were manual well before modern electronic tracking methods!
yanw

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol. When the going gets tough, Yodel says "f**k it".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-30438498
Top-shaggy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CEO is called Dick Stead

If I say it fast, it sounds like something else more appropriate to me.. lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Petrolhead Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: