Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

tzr125

View previous topic :: View next topic  
garye345

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: tzr125 Reply with quote

would like a D/E reg tzr to restore back to former glory,it will be the red and white one with 6 spoke wheels,if anyone knows of one going for not too much money please point in my direction Smile
garye345

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorted Cool
garye345

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well here it starts,went and picked up an old tzr tother day and was well impressed Very Happy the fella i bought it off is famous Cool no seriously its better than i could have hoped for considering its been stood for 10 yr Smile

the fairing and bodywork are all original,bit tatty only 1 lug missing so result.the bike has done 40thou so its a credit to its former keepers,the throttle will not turn and the power valve brain is missing,but for the money well chuffed Very Happy

will be updating as i go along so any help/advice is always welcome,look forward to when its all done and hopefully i will have learnt a fair bit,met a few decent folk,and have a nice classic that i bet most of your lot learnt on Smile
oh yeah nearly forgot,there are no keys for the bike Sad but the guy i bought it off says there may be a number on the seatlock barrel to match the key,does anyone know owt about stuff like this as i reacon one key will fit all the locks including the helmet lock and there aint to many a them left on these.till next time see ya Very Happy
Kickstart

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Having had to get a key cut from a lock recently I was told the number might be there, but the locksmith said the number did not relate to a key. Also while the ignition key might well match the other locks it is likely that the tank lock has less tumblers, hence you cannot get a key cut from that (easy to remove) lock.

All the best

Keith
Craigside_Pete
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I know in the USA that Honda owners can order keys from the dealer based off the numbers on the backs of their helmet locks so you could always ask your friendly Yamaha dealer......
I think previous poster is right...a talented locksmith [not a keybar operative] should be able to cut you a key for your ignition lock [the minor locks, probably having less tumblers, aren't suitable]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Yamaha All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: