Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

NSR400 - HRC Colours
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darin
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: NSR400 - HRC Colours Reply with quote

Ok, I'll kick off the NSR400 gallery with the bike that spawned my little collection when I decided it was about time I had a few of the bikes I couldn't afford first time round . . . how many of us have been in that position?!

As those who know me will testify - I'm not bad at buying the bikes, but I'm terrible at finding time to ride them! Crying or Very sad Maybe 2007 will be THE year when Diff'rent Strokers organises something beyond a stand at a static show? Oh jeez, what am I saying?!?!?!
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: NSR400 - HRC Colours Reply with quote

Blue Smoker wrote:
Maybe 2007 will be THE year when Diff'rent Strokers organises something beyond a stand at a static show? Oh jeez, what am I saying?!?!?!

Oh, here we go... Rolling Eyes

We manage to get 5 bikes in one place without too much trouble, so now you want to go mad. Shocked

What did you have in mind ? You never ride any of your bikes anyway ! Laughing

I think I can use my contacts to book Suzuka full GP circuit for a weekend if that's any use ? Wink
Darin
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah sorry - dunno what the hell I was thinking of! Embarassed Laughing My calendar for next year is almost full already so God knows when this great new DS event was going to actually happen! Maybe we can hijack, I mean "attend", someone elses event in '07??? Question

As for Suzuka . . . . hmmm, yeah! And we could pick up a few gag bikes when we're over there! Wink
Darin
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another quick pic - but not on the factory paddock stand, as this is with a mate of mine who's fabricating a couple for oher NS400 owners . . .

fredjee
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Smoker wrote:
My calendar for next year is almost full already so God knows when this great new DS event was going to actually happen! Maybe we can hijack, I mean "attend", someone elses event in '07??? Question
Wink

Ashbourne RD 07 is the place to be in 2007 Wink

Best stroker rally in the uk if not the world Cool

I've been for the last 4 years .... camping and all ..... its well worth it .... not to be missed Wink

Fred.
Alastair

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fredjee wrote:
Blue Smoker wrote:
My calendar for next year is almost full already so God knows when this great new DS event was going to actually happen! Maybe we can hijack, I mean "attend", someone elses event in '07??? Question
Wink

I've been for the last 4 years .... camping and all ..... its well worth it .... not to be missed Wink

Fred.

Yeah, but you get the colonial RD types there that don't like NS400s or anything else non Yamaha. Inferiority complex or something like that methinks.

CBR1000RR6 (0 - Court in 2.5 seconds)
NS400RF
MTX80RFD
Alastair

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Smoker wrote:
Here's another quick pic - but not on the factory paddock stand, as this is with a mate of mine who's fabricating a couple for oher NS400 owners . . .

Looks bloody good Darin. You've obviously spent a long time cleaning it. Was it that good when you bought it? Puts even mine to shame. I'm too lazy to clean away the brake dust, chain lube etc. Best change that non original rear brake disc though.

NS400RF
MTX80RFD
bluemistjunkie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: NSR400 - HRC Colours Reply with quote

Blue Smoker wrote:
Ok, I'll kick off the NSR400 gallery with the bike that spawned my little collection when I decided it was about time I had a few of the bikes I couldn't afford first time round . . . how many of us have been in that position?!

Can't quite afford all the bikes I want, but still want them Laughing
But then again, I couldn't afford them when I was 16 either Laughing Laughing Laughing
Not sure 'which' bikes I really want in my collection yet but deffo all strokers. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Darin
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alastair wrote:
Blue Smoker wrote:

Looks bloody good Darin. You've obviously spent a long time cleaning it. Was it that good when you bought it? Puts even mine to shame. I'm too lazy to clean away the brake dust, chain lube etc. Best change that non original rear brake disc though.

Hi Alistair,

Just seen your post! Embarassed Yep, I'm pleased with it - and all thanks to you . . . from how long ago??! Amazing (read: frightening) where one innocent email can lead!!! Shocked What does your fleet look like now?? Wink Is it still all Honda??
fredjee
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Alastair"]
fredjee wrote:
Blue Smoker wrote:
Wink

Fred.

Yeah, but you get the colonial RD types there that don't like NS400s or anything else non Yamaha. Inferiority complex or something like that methinks.

What a load of Bol*ox Rolling Eyes

It takes two to talk Wink

We get it at Shardlow ..... Someone turns up on a stroker ... walks around ... gets back on bike after 10 minuites .... posts on a forum ''' Shardlow Wank**rs are Clicky .... they don't even talk .... Shocked Confused Shocked

They get lots of diffrent strokers at Ashbourne Very Happy

A strokers a stroker .... Beer's ... Beer Wink

Its a fantastic event .....

Never heared anyone kicking another make .... infact theres always plenty of gives a go on it then and you can have a go on this to compare Very Happy

Few pictures to show that not just Air Cooled RD's turn up ...

Fred.

Alastair

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Ouch - now that's a tad harsh for a tongue in cheek comment. Shocked That's my HRC NS400 you've got pictured at Ashbourne so you've got the evidence I've been Very Happy . Ashbourne is a good day out but you cannot deny that there are some very odd people on the RD scene. Just one look at the RD forum will tell you that - JMW, Merde350 et al. There's plenty on there that hate anything non RD although it has to be said there are also some more enlightened souls like yourself.

Might even go again this year as I'm only over the hill away. Always say I'll go but never make it. See you there?

NS400RF
MTX80RFD

Last edited by Alastair on Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alastair

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Smoker wrote:
Just seen your post! Embarassed Yep, I'm pleased with it - and all thanks to you . . . from how long ago??! Amazing (read: frightening) where one innocent email can lead!!! Shocked What does your fleet look like now?? Wink Is it still all Honda??

Hi Darin

See the sig Smile Eventually gone diesel with the current 'Blade. Bloody awesome bike but I still get loads of fun from the NS. Currently restoring an MTX80R scrambler as a reminder of my first bike.

One day we'll meet up. Ashbourne?

NS400RF
MTX80RFD
fredjee
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alastair wrote:
Quote:

Ouch - now that's a tad harsh for a tongue in cheek comment. Shocked That's my HRC NS400 you've got pictured at Ashbourne so you've got the evidence I've been Very Happy . Ashbourne is a good day out but you cannot deny that there are some very odd people on the RD scene. Just one look at the RD forum will tell you that - JMW, Merde350 et al. There's plenty on there that hate anything non RD although it has to be said there are also some more enlightened souls like yourself.

Might even go again this year as I'm only over the hill away. Always say I'll go but never make it. See you there?

Yes Alastair there are some odd people in the RD world ... but arn't there the same in life full stop Rolling Eyes
Perhaps I was a bit fast off the mark in my reply .... just don't want anyone not giving Ashbourne a chance .... it is a Great Weekend ... some could have read your comments and took them the wrong way .. like me Embarassed

I'll prob see you there if you come ... I've offered my 500 or R1-Z to Xavier Blanc ( 350 LC Web Master ) if he gets his arse over from France Wink

Fred.
StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was there last year, on a Yamaha as well. Wink It was the only 3MA there (I think). Cool It let me down a bit on the rideout (fouled plugs) so this year I think I'll add a splash of Kawasaki to the proceedings instead... some people will be interested and some will no doubt hate it but I don't give a toss, it's still a stroker ! Laughing

Alastair

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great. Someone else to meet. Very Happy

NS400RF
MTX80RFD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Honda All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: