Go to Main Site Diff'rent Strokers
For fans of oddball two-strokes everywhere

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Classic Bike Trackdays

My KR250 history!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darin
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: My KR250 history! Reply with quote

I blame Stroker Boy!

I could just leave it at that and it would be quite accurate, but there's a bit more to the story so if you're not too bored by now, read on . . .

There I was casually flicking through a copy of Classic Mechanics one day and I stumble across a feature on a KR250. Interesting! But then I see www.kr250.org and Tim's contact details and after several emails and a couple of long converstaions on the blower, Stroker Boy helps locate my first KR.

This was the ultimate accessory for the kitchen (and went very nicely with the NSR400 in the living room too Wink ) but it was soon sold to a chap in Ireland. Hankering after another I looked at a few (thanks to Stroker Boy again) but ended up buying not one but two KR250S bikes from Japan, thanks to a friend over there who I've got to know through a similar interest in cars.

Taka transported them to his place and then seemed to struggle getting them shipped to the UK, so to cut a long story short, we managed to sell them again on Yahoo Japan. Phew!

Sometime later Stroker Boy puts me in touch with Paul Wilshaw who I'm sure a lot of people into strokers will know. Paul had a frame and several boxes of parts which I duly bought - why I don't know as I knew I would never have the time to build it back into a running bike.

Shortly after though Paul called me to say he had the best KR250 he'd ever seen and that I could have it if I wanted. Unfortunately he actually wanted paying for it, but we agreed on a figure and another trip to the midlands saw me the proud owner of what was the best KR250 I'd ever seen too!

And this is the bike I still have and was also on the Diff'rent Strokers stand at Stafford . . . and much to our surprise won a "Highly Commended" rosette too Shocked Cool Much like my first KR it doesn't live in the garage though, but will soon be taking up residence in the front room Green Grin

StrokerBoy
Show Star !
Show Star !

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: My KR250 history! Reply with quote

Blue Smoker wrote:
This is the bike I still have and was also on the Diff'rent Strokers stand at Stafford . . . and much to our surprise won a "Highly Commended" rosette too.

Didn't deserve it. The smaller of the two hose clips on the rear carb had been replaced with a non-original part. Wink The rosette should have gone to that mint TZR parked near it... Laughing
nzKRnut

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, can we all post or KR stories on here?

I will anyway..

for me, it all started (feb last year, after i'd just bought a Suzuki PE400 stroker...) when i was on the internet looking for NSR's and the like(bloody common strokers!) when dad told me to look up Kork Ballington on the 'net...

10 minutes later, i'm on tims website, wondering how on earth i'll get one of these!!

Then, after searching trademe for 3 months, one pops up for $50, so i bid, and get it.. But its got no tank, fairings, airbox, and the fron cylinder has seized. All good.

I end up ringing somebody i sold something to, (ah yes, a red motor CR80- found at the tip Cool Very Happy ) and i ask them (also a Jap classic fan), if they knew of, or had any KRs... 3months later, my 2nd KR turns up, scored piston, buggered barrel and, shot big end in (guess which!) cylinder, but it has fairings, and a tank! yay! Razz
But I'm still on the quest for more, and wanting NZ's biggest collection Wink ... (no surprise me dads working in head health, if ya know what i mean)

So i'm back on the internet... I was looking far a GPZ500twin (yes a diesel.. for a KLR600/500S supermoto... ), when i noticed a KR in the corner of the frame.... Ah Hah!
2 fone calls later, and there was three!
This time, the top end is fine... But the RRIS is in bits..

'Nuff said...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diff'rent Strokers Forum Index -> Kawasaki All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: